Greetings!


Greetings and warm welcomes to my blog. From rants, to complaints, to ponderings and the random ramblings of the soul. The complications of a normal teenager and a sneak-peek to the workings of my
mind. Who are you to judge? (header image is not mine. credits rightfully belongs to abyss@TDA)

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Naggings


A piece of advice to all mothers out there:

NEVER NAG TEENAGERS.

Nope, never, nuh-uh.

Take today for example:
There I was, sitting and waiting, wanting to bathe the cats and take a bath along with them. But then, there my grandmother also was, and guess what? She began nagging.

It went like this;

Nagging Grandmother: Take a bath.
Me(thinking): Yeah, right. Later.
Nagging Grandmother: Take a bath.
Me: Uh-huh.
Nagging Grandmother: Take a bath.
Me(thinking): That's it. I won't take a bathe anymore. Jeez, what a nag.


Yeah, I know. A bit mean, but most likely, all your naggings would end up like that.


Keep in mind: Teenagers love to think for themselves. They want to do things because they decide to and not because they were told to. If, for example, you do nag them. The things that would be going on in the mind of the teenager would be, "If I do that, I would look like a robot, so never mind." or "I would've done that, but not anymore since she told me to do that." Teenagers want to think, "Well done (insert name here), you decided to do it, and you did!" not "Well done (insert name here), you decided to do it and you did!...even though, well, your grandmother told you to." That wouldn't sound like doing things because you decided to anymore. That would definitely sound like you were doing things because you were told to do this. And teenagers DON'T want to be told to do this. They want to do that THEMSELVES. Because THEY decided to do it. They DON'T want some other person making their decisions for them. They want INDEPENDENCE and TRUST. And CONTROL over their OWN life.

No comments:

Post a Comment